New Chip Technology for Payment Processing
Greater security and worldwide acceptance reduce your liability for fraud.
Chip card benefits
- Greater protection from fraud – The microchip embedded in the smart card encrypts your customers' data, providing enhanced security against the counterfeiting of lost or stolen cards when used at a chip–enabled terminal.
- Enhance your customers' experience – Create loyal customers by accepting EMV chip cards. Your customers will know that you're protecting their data with secure transactions.
- Forefront of technology – The chip technology is the global standard and is already in use in more than 80 countries, including Canada and throughout Europe and Asia. It will become the standard on October 1, 2015, in the United States.
It's easy to accept chip cards at your locations
- Instead of swiping, have the customer insert the card face up into the terminal.
- Let the customer know not to take the card out until the transaction is complete.
- Ask the customer to sign for the purchase, if necessary, and remove the card.
- Just have the customer swipe the card as they've done in the past. (See the FAQs: "What if I don't upgrade to a chip–enabled terminal?")
- Ask the customer to sign for the purchase, if necessary.